Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Blog Party!!

Photobucket


Thoughts of Spring...I love spring! I love the feel in the air, I love the energy the sunshine gives, and I love all the colors that begin to paint the earth. Another thing I love about spring is how people start to gather together for cookouts, games, and being outdoors! And what better way to kick off spring then with a blog party! Now I'll have to say, being new at the blogging world, I had no idea what a blog party was but the concept is quite neat! I've already been greatly inspired by getting to know the host of this party and reading about her incredible strength and faith. So I hope you enjoy reading some fun facts about me below and click on the party invite above to find out how you can join the party!


How would people describe your personality? (If they could only use ONE word.) Are they right?
When taking a poll for this one word the response was that there were too many words to describe my personality with just one word so here is what I got...Compassionate, Sweet, Tender-Hearted, Good, Caring, Kind, Genuine...and I sure hope I hold true to these words about me!


What celebrity/celebrities would create a “Star-Struck” feeling if you saw them in real life?
Julia Roberts - I LOVE her! I have been a fan of hers for years, and I own almost every movie she has ever starred in. She seems like such a fun person! Meeting her would be amazing :)


Who is your favorite blogger? Why?
Confessions of a Chosen One - This blog is one of my dearest friends and I love it because she inspires me more than anyone I have ever known. I love reading her posts because they all come from her heart and her faith and sweet spirit shine through. She is an amazing mother and one of the best friends I have ever had :) 


What is your comfort food/drink?
Dr. Pepper by far is my favorite drink but not just any - a Dr. Pepper from Chick-fil-A is the BEST and can make any day better for me with the first sip :) I don't know what it is about their Dr. Pepper but it honestly is the greatest. 
A comfort food for me would have to be beef stew the way my mom always cooked it growing up. She made a pot when she was staying with me after Emma was born and now every time I eat that beef stew, it takes me back to the most wonderful time in my life.

Do you have a strong desire to do something you’ve never done? What is it?
If I could ever get the nerve to do it, I would like to bungee jump but honestly I don't know where I will find the courage to actually follow thru with it :)


Movies: Action, Drama, Romantic Comedy, Documentary, Comedy? What are your favorite genres?
This is a tough one because I LOVE movies. There are many action and drama movies that Will and I love to watch but if I had to pick, a romantic comedy hits the spot any day! My very favorite...The Holiday!! 


Music: What are your favorite types?
Again, I love so many different types of music, some country, oldies, jazz, R&B, pop, and yes even some hip hop, but the one I listen to the most is Contemporary Christian. I love the scripture references and how it is such a worshipful experience for me to hear it. My favorite...Casting Crowns!


Name one weakness of yours (confession is good for the soul).
I worry way too much about what others think of me...


If you could live anywhere at all (and take all your loved ones with you), where would you go?
East Tennessee...Rocky Top you'll always be, home sweet home to me! I love to travel and there are SO many places I enjoy visiting but there is no better place in my mind to live than in the mountains of East Tennessee. The beauty is breathtaking! 


What’s something you consider yourself to be good at? (Don’t worry, it’s not bragging, it’s acknowledging a God given gift).
I consider myself to be a good friend. I have had many friendships in the past where I have not been truly cared for and it has taught me about the kind of friend I want to be. I hope that my friends today know how much I treasure their friendship!


What is one of your favorite things to catch a whiff of?
A fresh cut Frasier fur. The absolute best :)


When you leave a social gathering, do you wish: You would have talked more or You would have talked less?
Absolutely talked more! I am working on this though...


If money wasn’t a factor, what stores would you shop in?
I would still shop at my favorites, just buy more...Target and Hobby Lobby! But there are a few places I don't get to shop at often and if money was not a factor I would buy all of Gymboree and Pottery Barn Kids!!


What is your greatest fear or strange phobia?
BEES! Yes I've even attempted jumping out of a moving vehicle going  50mph because there was one sitting on Will's shoulder!!! 


What are your favorite animals?
Doggies!! and I'm hugely fond of polar bears. I've always wanted one of my own :)


6 comments:

  1. It was great to get some insight on you! But I am sad that I am not your favorite bog...:(. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it was nice to get to know a bit more about you. Just found your friend Bethany through this and contacted her cause we both had kids who had heart surgery...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to meet you Katie! :) This is also my first blog party, I'm new to the blogging world, I also love photography, I'm a Registered Nurse as well, and currently I'm staying at home as a housewife. I'm also 25, a fan of Julia Roberts and The Holiday is one of my favorite movies as well. So I think we have a few things in common. :P My husband and I have been married almost two years, so far it's just the two of us, no kids yet. But anyways, just wanted to say I'm happy to find your blog. Love the design as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun answers and insight!

    I don't like bees as well. I wasn't stung until I was an adult so I think I developed kind of a phobia to them. And now that I have bad allergies I try NOT to be stung. :)

    Have a blessed Friday!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love The Holiday! My oldest kids love it too. The music... ahhhh! I have the soundtrack and listen to it a lot.

    You must be really precious if that poll produced those words to describe you. They could have said, jerk, boisterous, loud, obnoxious. Yeah, I think you must be pretty darn sweet (just like your "Simply Sweet" blog.

    I'm so glad you linked up with the blog party. It was fun popping by to read some tidbits about you.

    Have fun meeting some new chums!
    Lynnette
    Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you friend!!! I can't believe you listed me as your favorite blogger! There are much better blogs out there. :) Also, I totally LOVE The Holiday. How come we never watched it together??

    Anyway, hope you had fun with the party and met some fun new blogging buddies!!!

    BIG HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete