Thursday, January 20, 2011

Scrapbooking!

I started a long awaited project today...Emma's first year scrapbook! Over the past year, I've been collecting paper, stickers, etc to make her book just right. So today, it felt so good to finally get the first page done. I love scrapbooking. I got interested in it in high school but never really started doing it regularly until I found out I was pregnant with Emma. I have a tub full of things to do my engagement, wedding, and honeymoon. I also have a Christmas scrapbook I started when Will and I got married and I plan put pages in it from our family's Christmases each year. My favorite project was the book I did from my pregnancy with Emma. It turned out to be exactly how I had envisioned it.

So now I start Emma's first year. I have printed several pictures already and if you are in to scrapping, scrapbookpictures.com is the absolute best site to print your photos. You can print them in just about any size you want and for a really great price too! Another resource I must share is a little about my cricut! If you've never heard of a cricut, it is a scrapbooker's best friend! It can cut out just about anything on any paper you desire. For those of you that do know about a cricut, I just got two new cartridges that I absolutely love and would highly recommend; Nursery Rhymes and Create a Critter. They will definitely be used lots throughout Emma's book! Here is the first page of the book I did today. The cricut cut out the letters of her name as well as the flower like things on the bottom of the page. I plan to write Emma's birth info on those but I haven't found the right pen yet!
Before, I started the book today, I had already laid out the pictures I had into how I wanted them to go on my pages. I am a very sentimental person, but going through the pictures of Emma's birth, I cried the whole time. Everyone always told me how fast they grow but I never fully grasped that until now. My baby is almost 15 months old and yet I feel like I should still be pregnant with her! But this brings me to why I really enjoy scrapbooking so much. When you go through special moments in life, you will always have the memories that will never leave you but it is easy to forget the little things about those moments. With a scrapbook, not only do you re-live these moments as you are putting together the pages but years down the road, you can open the book and re-live them all over again, especially if you journel within your scrapbook which I plan to really do with Emma's book. But scrapbooking for me is also very therapeutic. I love to sit down and put together a page or two.  I love it even more to do it with a friend who shares the same passion. So if you've ever thought about scrapbooking, it really is very rewarding in many ways!

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of scrapbooks, and I love the finished product. But I seem to never have the time or money to make it look right. :( one thing is for sure, your scrapbooks are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous Katie! I love scrapbooks but there is not a creative bone in my body. Yours are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow. This is why I need you to scrapbook with me!! That looks AMAZING! I'm so jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete