Tuesday, May 31, 2011

These are a Few of my Favorite Things!

I've decided to do a series on some of my very favorite things in life! I know that I have pictures of some of my favorite things down on the right side of my blog, but I couldn't possibly list everything. So to know a little bit more about me, I am going to do a weekly post with a different topic each week of things I love!

To start...


While summer is not my favorite time of year, there are lots of things about it that I love! So in no particular order, here a Few of my Favorite Things about Summer!
  • Summer nights ~ I love summer evenings! I love when the sun starts to set and the heat dies down but yet you still know its summertime in the air.
  • Cook-outs ~ I LOVE cook-outs! I love the smell of charcoal grills and the taste of the food when its been on the grill. I love eating outdoors too. There is just something fun about the outdoor atmosphere at mealtimes!
  • Swimming ~ I've never been an avid swimmer but I do love being out at the pool. I love sitting on the side with my feet in or sitting under an umbrella with something cool to drink!
  • Homemade Ice Cream ~ Ice cream is good no matter the season but it doesn't get much better than homemade ice cream! My very favorite is when we add oreos to it. It is nothing like the regular cookies and cream, if you've never tried it, you must!!
  • Suntan ~ now I say I love a suntan but I do not enjoy working to get one :). Laying in the sun is something I can only handle for so long and then I'm done! But I love it when my skin has that golden brown look!
  • Flip-Flops ~ those of you that know me well know that if weather permitted, I would wear flip-flops everyday! Love em!
  • Fresh Fruits ~ fruits just taste so much better in the summer!
  • The Beach ~ I don't get to go to the beach every summer but if finances allowed, I would go more than once! I love it. I love the entire atmosphere but my very favorite is the beach at night. It might be (in my opinion) the most relaxing place in the world! And my top beach spot is Hilton Head Island! It just may be my favorite place on earth thus far :).
  • Boats ~ again, if means allowed, I would own my very own boat and spend most days on it all summer long! I do not get in the lake but cruising along top in a boat is fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment